View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 07:37 PM   #567
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I was waiting for a bagel yesterday and they had ESPN on. One of the talking heads was saying the AFC East is the best division in football. It was a nice reminder why I never watch ESPN anymore, but yes, get rid of LeBatard and today Kenny Mayne.

You know, I think I could buy an argument that it the best division in football, at least top to bottom. Not my choice, but I wouldn't write someone making that argument off too quickly. Or at the very least has the upside to be the best division. But you really need to put a lot of faith in Tua, Wilson and Newton/Jones.

The Bills are an AFC favourite, one could really like the Patriots based on returning players and new signees and Belichick, the Dolphins are going in the right direction and made a lot of very good additions as well. All three teams *could* really be 11-6 or better. That leaves the Jets. While I'm not sold on Wilson, I really liked their next 3 picks (Vera-Tucker, Moore, Carter). If one has confidence in the Robert Saleh - Mike Lafleur combination, this could be a surprisingly decent team as well.

All said, I'm not saying that this all comes to fruition and it wouldn't be my choice as the best division. I do think it's possible that the four teams end with the best win-loss record of any division and I could foresee a scenario where it's the only division that has three teams make the playoffs.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote