Thread: The LARP (CK3)
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 06:26 PM   #9
Izulde
Head Coach

It's a Thursday when I wake up the next morning. I don't drink much when I do, so no hangover. Nor will I see Nichole - she's Saturdays and Sundays only. And I don't much like the weekly girl. Not that there's anything wrong with her - she's perfectly fine as far as waitresses go. But she's not the one who soothes my spirit and calms my chaos.

You might think this is ridiculous. It's not. Ridiculous is finding shrimp and rat feces in your Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Silly, perhaps, but human hearts are often silly organs. I'm not awake yet. Need coffee. But I haven't bought a new coffeemaker. Oh, fine. I'll grab my book and go. Not that Molly talks to me - she doesn't - but a book will further discourage conversation.

A coffee and order of pancakes later, I'm reading while I wait for my food.

"Geraint was just 17 years old when he became Count, but the promise his father saw in him was realized sooner than anyone expected. A shrewd betrothal to the daughter of Alfred of Wessex gave the Seisyllwgs the type of powerful ally whose military might ensured eventual conquest of Dyfed - a feat that Gwgan failed at. Scottish lords attempted to conquer, but thanks to Alfred's support, the war ended inconclusively in 890.

In this same time period, the Principality of Gwynedd changed hands frequently as a result of various wars. This instability provided opening for the Danelaw to cleave the domain in two after a war of conquest - good for Geraint, bad for Welsh culture survivability:

As the above image notes, the already far more successful than his father Geraint opted to make Dyfed his primary title to represent the family's achievement of a long-held goal. The 22 year old, still a young man, also hoped that by making this political decision, the unrest might settle quicker in the county.

For a few years, things looked to be progressing smoothly... and then the Danelaw attacked.

There was no hope. The house was wiped out forever.

And yet, it was while researching the short-lived Seiswyllgs that I came upon another interesting family. And it's that which we'll explore in the next chapter."

Abrupt ending. As abruptly as Molly slaps down the bill - face-up of course, my having eaten during the course of reading.

I pay, exchange equally polite but disinterested "Have a nice days" and walk out.

Would that every day could be Saturday, Saturday, Saturday.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote