View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 10:06 AM   #79
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
By the numbers on your own chart, excluding Generation Z entirely, boomers account for less than a third of the electorate. Even less than that if you add in the first few years of Z. They also have nearly-identical numbers to Milennials. Nevermind that they have never been a majority of the country at any time. In other words, anything stupid they've done, they've had a lot of help doing from others. I find your conclusions unwarranted.

I think you'd have the beginnings of a fair argument if we both agreed to entirely ignore the mountain of obvious evidence pointing at who has held & wielded that money, power & influence over the last 50 years.

As far as discrimination goes, I'd argue that Boomers aren't being discriminated against because of their age in any way. They aren't being judged as being inferior because they are old, nor have they ever been denied any kind of services or rights that other groups enjoy (quite the opposite, in fact). They are being judged negatively for deliberately and systematically hoarding power and resources at the cost of two entire generations. Trying to paint that as analogous to racism is a painfully long stretch.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 11-23-2019 at 11:16 AM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote