View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 06:48 AM   #32
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
I'd expect the steals adjustments to be within the game engine itself rather than something like having less players who are good at stealing.
Yes yes. Thumbs up. QFT. +1. IWS. And whatever other "I agree" things I can say here.

A really fun thing in text sims is building a team around a certain strategy. FBCB probably does this better than any other text sim I've played. It's just that this particular strategy is overpowered. If a team is filled with guys who are generally good all-around talents with a strength in defense, then by all means, the press/trap thing should work well. The problem isn't the strategy itself; it's that you can execute it with a bunch of players who are mediocre or even poor otherwise and win the whole shebang, at least in SP.

So, per your request above for a stacked steals team, I would be looking more for a team of 1 to 3-star steals guys that is winning far more than it should than a team that has been running the strategy for 10-15 years and has built itself up to 100ish prestige and therefore has basically nothing but 3 to 5 star guys who are good at steals. The former team should cause some problems for a top-tier team, and maybe pull off an upset to get to the Sweet 16 or even Elite 8 from time to time, but as it stands now, that team is a legit title contender. The latter *should* be a national title contender, but they shouldn't win every game by 40 as they do now.