View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 02:45 AM   #670
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wed Nov 5, 2014

Our U18s played a 2nd Round U18 Cup match against Newcastle, winning 1(4) - 1(3) on penalties. Michael Underwood opened the scoring for us at 12', Newcastle equalized just before the half, nothing else after that. Desgages (demoted just prior to the match) Goodall, Boast and Pemberton scored for us while Newcastle shot high on both their 1st and 4th attempt. The U18s will play a 3rd Round match against Charlton next Wednesday.

Our Reserves played a group match against Bradford and got thrashed 4-0. Tom Seery got a red card at 27', Ben Weaver conceded on own goal at 51' and the rout was on. Bad outings for most of our reserves, Paul, Ricketts, Lobjoit were all rated sub 6. Ivanusa (6.6) went the distance as we try to get him match fit after his injury.

Sat Nov 8, 2014 (morning)
Bad news from the disciplinary committee, Tommy Smyth is given an additional two match ban for his sending off against Darlington.

We've had four young players called up for international duty on Nov 14 and Nov 18: Barry Vickers for Ireland U19s, Fraser Kerr and Robbie Locke for Scotland U21s and Nathan Griffiths for Wales U19s. Of the group, Griffiths would be making his international debut.