View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #674
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sat Nov 8, 2014 (evening)
Blyth (11-2-2, 3rd BSBN) at Nuneaton (5-1-10, 17th BSBN)

I usually don't take the betting line too personally but Nuneaton is a 5:4 favorite here (we're 7:4 road dogs). I have to admit that's a little insulting, road match or not. We shuffle the lineup again, and debut O'Nien, since we've got tired players from the last match and there's still a steady stream of matches coming up. 4-4-1-1 Counter again, duh.

GK: McDonald
D: Deen-Conteh, Kerr, Seidu, Groves
M: Shulton, Baker, Paratore, Moke
F: O'Nien, Cofie
Subs: (Sawyer, Ahmed, Rickard, McGovern, Dovey)

7' - Sharrif makes a run for Boro, spots Simpson open on the flank ... McDonald punches out the shot
13' - Baker is knocked hard, will try to stay on
14' - Sharrif another run, McDonald saves & Seidu clears
21' - Moke to Paratore at the top, fires ... saved
28' - Baker corner to Kerr at the near post ... header hits the crossbar
40' - Cofie to O'Nien ... through ball to Moke ... lobs one up ... off the top of the crossbar

Halftime - Kind of flat. Nothing too terrible, only Groves (yellow card) and Cofie (not much of anything) have been subpar, everybody else is just sort of middling. We just need someone to pick it up a notch or two, make a play.

48' - They shoot wide off a corner
53' - Paratore long range try isn't even close
72' - Sub Rickard (for Cofie, knocked), Sub Ahmed (for Paratore, 6.5)
76' - Kerr's through ball is gathered by the keeper about one step before Rickard could get onto it
83' - Cross into the box ... Shulton was offside
83' - Sub Sawyer (for O'Nien, tired) ...shift Baker to AMC
89' - 3 minutes added

Full time: Blyth 0 - Nuneaton 0
A bore draw. We controlled play in the second half but failed to do anything with it. Hit the woodwork three times. Deen-Conteh (7.5) is MOM with 6 tackles and 5 headers, all won. Today marked his 25th league appearance for the club. O'Nien was fine (6.7) in his debut, Shulton (6.2) underwhelmed.

Nov 8, 2014 (postmatch)
Really bad news from the physios: Cofie will miss 2-3 weeks while being treated for a twisted knee.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-11-2014 at 12:15 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote