View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 09:28 PM   #294
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post

7. Canton Raiders
I think Boggs was a little bit of a reach that early, and I don't really like Rod Carew as a 1B - as a 2B he's very good, but playing a corner position with that little power, I think you just give up too much, especially seeing someone like Pujols last as long as he did. That being said, A-Rod will go a long way to making up for that with his pop out of the SS slot, and Stan Musial was a steal in the 4th. I also really liked all of picks 7 through 11. 12 though...

Nice writeups. That plan of attack with Carew is to play second base or DH. Bagewell and his unbelievable 1994 season is likely going to be the 1b. Alomar was a much better right handed hitter so he will start against leftys and come in as a defensive replacement when Carew starts I kind of built my team according to how I would with a 162 game schedule with players being able to play multiple positions and having platoon advantages. Probably wont be as effective in a season like this.

I would have loved to have grabbed Pujols later however Stan Musial was using up my Cardinals spot.... You are right I regretted the Boggs pick. At the time it looked like a scarce position in which I wanted to not get stuck with a weaker player however I could have waited and ended up with a better value option....

Last edited by jbergey22 : 08-16-2019 at 09:39 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote