View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 04:29 PM   #895
Christy
n00b

Indeed. It was good to get a win and I never expected a win there in the second round. Just expected a different game. I think he could have taken a few of the weaker seeds but getting one of them in round 2 might have been asking a bit much.

A good win for Chiba against Hughes. This is a big moment for Solberg to kick on or wait in the wings for a while longer.

I think a lot would have needed for Chiba to lose the number 2 spot. A host of strong Masters performances and another runner up Grand Slam spot last year means he was not too reliant on one result. The fact that he is kept up a good showing here probably means he can also afford slip ups in future competitions and still keep number 2. Going down in ability he may be but there are still few who will match him (from a technical point of view I think it is just the Irish)

2 other random points.

I was checking back on last years results and noticed how much Mateo Kaspar's name kept coming up. With my players in the lower leagues I had not realised his dominance. Especially in Australia with 11 in a row!!! He didn't fade either, he left the GS scene on a win. Looking at his history is incredible.

I have been checking up on how many experience points my players get over time. I took away any of the experience that was down to talent and just focused on matches/training. I worked out that each 0.1 of experience gives you about 7.3 extra experience per week. Roughly. Obviously this will go up if you are in Grand Slams and WTC matches a lot near the top of the rankings or down if a player is mismanaged/competing in lower level competitions/getting one sided matches. The trend from my various players looks pretty linear so I am happy that is how it is done.
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote