View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 12:49 AM   #961
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Ok so, Orleans CH+ has the top four seeds in the semifinals. I find this situation amusing:

1) Harald Wentz - AUS, 22. Wentz is a monster at this level. He's kind of scary period. 4.5 skill, 4.2 serve, 4.1 talent, 4.6 endur, 3.6 str, 4.0 spd, 2.8 mentality. Won't peak for like three years. Normally he'd crush

4) Amrik Kasaravalli - me - like a bug. Except that his form is 34.7. Mine is in the sweet spot. That works out to an advantage of 0.6/0.6, or 0.88 on the rating scale, which is MASSIVE. If Wentz wasn't being overscheduled to the point of felonious misconduct, he wouldn't be a challenge player anymore. I want to scream and slap his manager - who is 13th, just ahead of me - into the middle of next week. But instead I'm a nearly prohibitive favorite to steal this tournament instead of the odds being the other way around. Thanks for the cheap 125 points, assuming I don't blow this.

2) Bruno Niedzwicki - 28, POL. Well past his prime but a talented player with elite strength. And 31.2 form for the semis. He'd be favored over Amrik if he wasn't tired.

3) Kamil Smok - 27, POL. 4.5 talent, slightly better technique than my charge and slightly worse athleticism - woudl be a good match. Except he'll be at 31.4 form. So whoever makes it to the final is going to be even more fatigued.

These guys just shot themselves in the foot with a double-barreled shotgun, then reloaded and fired again.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote