CHA:NJN
83:78 OVR
79:77 OFF
81:81 DEF

Can't fall down 2-0 at home!

First Quarter

New Jersey 29
Charlotte 24

This quarter was a disaster. We went up 18-6 and were destroying them. Then Felton and Wallace pick up two fouls, we have to sit Padgett and Chandler when they tire and we completely and utterly fall apart, allowing New Jersey to go on a 23-6 run to end the quarter. We have an ASTOUNDING 10 turnovers. I think I turned it over 14 times last game and that was like 7 or 8 too many for a 2K basketball game.. 10 in a quarter, what the hell. Terrence Williams dominates with 12 points. Harris 6 points/4 assists.

On our side Ray Allen was the reason for the big start, he's 3-3 from 3 and has 11 points total. Padgett 5, Wallace 3.

Second Quarter

New Jersey 64
Charlotte 52

Man, this playoff run is turning into a disaster. Devin Harris has 13 points and 8 assists and is finally playing to his full capacity against us. We got off to a good start this quarter again, tied the game at 37, and New Jersey took over again. Williams 14, Outlaw 14, Harris 13, Howard 10 for the Nets who are just on fire. Ray Allen 14, Felton had some good drives and has 10, Padgett 8, Wallace 7. We didn't have a single turnover this quarter, they just dominated us.

Third Quarter

New Jersey 83
Charlotte 80

There's a feeling of dread with 5 minutes left in the third when we're still down 14, but we woke up and woke up fast, cutting the lead quickly down to 8 and then chipping away and getting it as close as 2, ending the quarter down only 3. Devin Harris has 17 points/10 assists, Outlaw 16 points/11 boards. Terrence Williams 16, Howard 14.

Felton has been getting to the rim and scoring really well this game, he has 18 points/8 assists, one of the best games I've ever had with him. Allen 17, Wallace 13, Augustin 11, Padgett 10 points/9 boards. No one else has more than 4.

Fourth Quarter

7:45 to go - A 3 point play from DJ Augustin ties the game up for the first time since it was 37-37. It's 91 all. Devin Harris has been on the bench all quarter so far though.

7:10 to go - 93-91 Charlotte!!! Chandler with a dunk on the secondary break.

4:40 to go - 97-75 Charlotte. I sit Allen and Padgett briefly. This will go down to the wire.

2:20 to go - We lead 101-99, this is gonna go down to the wire. New Jersey calls a timeout and i've got all 5 starters in the rest of the way.

1:45 to go - We get a stop as Outlaw misses a 18 foot jumper, Felton goes in for teh board. On offense we work it around and Felton ends up getting by Harris and hitting a tough double clutch shot in the lane, 103-99.

1:10 to go - Jumper for the nets, we have a missed 15 footer by DJ Augustin, Outlaw with a dunk on their end, and its 103-103. I can't lose a lead in the final 2 minutes again.

0:53 to go - AUGUSTIN! He gets just enough space to launch one, and drains a 3 from the right wing. 106-103.

0:45 to go - Devin Harris drives right by Felton and draws a foul. only hits 1 of 2. We lead 106-104 and have the ball after a Chandler board.

0:22 to go - Our offense is a bit out of sorts, Wallace tries to drive but can't get to the rim, we end up with a 22 footer from Augustin that's no good. Nets board and they get a timeout.

0:08 to go - Ok, I'm impressed. That was just like a real NBA play, and I don't think I've ever seen it in this game. The Nets put Devin Harris on the right side of the court and everyone else over on the left, and let him work 1 on 1 against felton. He gets to the free throw line and drains a jump shot. Its 106-106. We call our last timeout.

End of Regulation - I get Felton a jumper, not really what I want, but that's what I was able to manage. We're going into overtime.

Charlotte 106
New Jersey 106

Overtime

3:55 to go - We open with a drive by Felton, New Jersey answers with a 3 from O'connor. After a Wallace miss, Harris hits a jumper, and we now trail 111-108.

2:47 to go - Allen with a 10 footer to cut it to 10. We get a stop, but Felton misses a jumper on our end. Felton fouls harris and Harris hits 2 free throws, its 113-110, back to a 3 point game.

1;45 to go - Ugh, Padgett goes right at Outlaw and lays it just shot off the front rim. We get a big stop, and Allen scores again for us... its 115-112, Nets ball.

1:23 to go - Great stop,Outlaw misses a shot with Padgett all over him. On our end, Allen gets an open look from 3 and outright airballs it, but it falls into Padgett's hands,he lays it in. 115-114, Nets lead.

1:09 to go - Outlaw gets stuck in the lane and the Nets get a 3 second violation. I sub in Augustin for Allen, that airball frightens me(Allen isn't listed as tired, but whatever).

0:53 to go - Chandler misses a tough look inside, Nets ball ont he rebound, we still trail by 1.

0:40 to go - Harris drives into the lane, Chandler gets the blocked shot, Felton picks up the ball. Outlaw(and thus Padgett) were out near the 3 point line and Padgett takes off. Felton hits him in stride, Padgett with the one handed jam, Charlotte leads!!! 116-115 Charlotte.

0:32 to go - As soon as the nets get up the court, Harris goes straight at Felton, takes a runner from 13 feet, swish. 117-116 Nets.

0:18 to go - Felton drives, jump stops at the FT line, kicks it to Augustin who has just the slightest bit of space on the right wing, three is GOOOD. 119-117 Charlotte.

New Jersey works it around, doesn't take a quick shot at all, they end up getting the ball to Harris inside but he's surrounded and stuffed, they aren't able to get a shot up to the rim. VICTORY!

Charlotte 119
New Jersey 117
OT

Felton: 22 points/9 assists
Augustin: 22 points
Allen: 21 points
Padgett: 18 points/10 boards
wallace: 17 points/5 boards
chandler: 6 points/7 boards
Henderson: 5 points/5 boards
Sparks: 4 points/6 boards
Diaw: 4 points

Devin Harris had a great game for the Nets, 28 points and 12 assists. Terrence Williams was a beast with 24 points/6 boards, he actually shot 10-11 and was just impossible to stop all game. Outlaw 22 points/16 boards.

This was easily the best NBA2k10 game I've played. I played a number of games in my college hoops dynasty that felt totally electric, tough, hard fought, down to the wire games that were just *intense*. This was the first NBA2k10 game that felt that way for me, simply outstanding. I'm really, really impressed with the way the Nets used Devin Harris, the iso play at the end of regulation, and any time the Nets *had* to score it was in Harris' hands. It felt like a very good, very real game, in large part due to the way the CPU team utilized their best player.

Last edited by Radii : 01-19-2010 at 01:19 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote