View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 12:50 AM   #234
Radii
Head Coach

I go ahead and rush into this offseason that i've been looking forward to.

Kevin Durant is the finals MVP, no surprise there. 30 points, 8 boards per game over 17 playoff games with only one loss.

Notable Retirees

Matt Harpring(Milwaukee)
Rasheed Wallace(boston)
Marcus Camby (Indiana)
Steve Nash (Phoenix)
Andre Miller(portland)

all of them are 36-38 years old.

Staff Hiring

I had only signed a couple of these guys to 1 year deals, if you remember I picked up a coach who was only good at coaching the offense and was not happy about it. This year there are some vastly improved options available.

New Head Coach

I was a big lakers fan when I was a kid(I grew up in the 80s), loved Magic, Kareem and Worthy, and really everone on those teams. So its kinda neat to be able to announce my new head coach:

Byron Scott
Offense: B
Deffense: B
Teacher: A
Potential: B

Rick Carlisle was also available but I like Scott's cost/ratings better. Scott is signed to a 6 year deal at $4.8 million per year.

The assistant coach poll is similarly improved.

Assistant Stephon White is signed to a 6 year deal at $1.73 million/year.
Offense: B
Defense: A
Teacher: A
Potential: B

I upgrade my trainer too, from a B level trainer making $700k/yr to an A level trainer making $1 Million/year. By doing so I basically commit myself to the same average level scouting that I have now... i have one great prospect scout and two poor ones. That'll stay that way it appears. But, I'm thrilled at the coaching improvements i've made. I don't know how big a deal the coaches are in this game but if they have any effect at all I just made some very very nice overall upgrades.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote