View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 08:23 PM   #19247
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Aspen Dental is a massive scam. Almost conned my Dad into paying way too much for an implant. Tossed on a ton of extra stuff in the quote and buried it. Luckily I caught it before he went through.

The dentist that my wife & teenage daughter used to go to was a scam. They had been going there for years and was happy. Then one day my wife told me the dentist said my daughter seemed to have too many cavities (prior 6 month visit to most recent) and recommended treatment that included veneers for close to $9K.

Obviously I choked at this and we got a second opinion from my dentist. He checked my daughter's cavities and said it wasn't that bad for such an significant treatment plan. She has been going to him for the past year and all looks well, my wife has also found a different dentist.

All trust was lost with the original dentist. Our best guess is they get a massive kick-back on the veneers. I told my wife to tell the dentist why she and my daughter are leaving but she didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

So my recommendation is always go for a second opinion if there is something significant going on.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-20-2020 at 08:24 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote