View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 02:23 PM   #315
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I thought the complaint was more about "no offer" rather than "no big offer"?

If so, I think he seems pretty reasonable to be disappointed. He was - for him - pretty solid offensively (highest overall FG% of his career) during his time in ATL last year, though certainly the shorter stint in TOR was pretty abysmal.

In the right role I figure he's still at least serviceable, and that's usually enough to warrant a contract of some sort (size of contract not withstanding)

I didn't read it like that, but you're right, it's not clear cut what the complaint was.

But again, even "pretty solid" offensively was barely above replacement level by the narrowest of margins, .333 from 3pt range on 2.5 attempts per game and 3.5 assists to 2 turnovers per game for a combo guard who is bad defensively. If he's really willing to play for a NBA minsal deal I'm sure he's going to get it eventually, but you can look at his age, his overall game and not be surprised why teams are looking at players 7 or 8 years younger and they can get the same thing for a lot cheaper (and frankly without some of the Linsanity baggage).
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote