View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 03:32 PM   #727
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Lots of driving over the past three days and yesterday was the funeral for Mom. It ended up being a lovely day, especially compared to the snowy mess on Monday. The minister used Matthew 22 37-39 in a lovely tribute to Mom's service to her church and her community. The graveside service was not at the grave due to the mud and the threat of collapse. Feeling the warm sun on my back was nice, though.

As a kid, I mostly grumbled about Mom being an almost ever-present fixture at school and community events. It was only much later that I understood she was serving the community in the way that she could, through her ability to play the piano and organ, and that she was showing me how to serve as much as Dad did as he ran organizations and fundraisers.

She hasn't been able to be herself for a couple of years, and that was a tragedy, but she's at peace now. Take care and God bless, Mom.