View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 12:28 PM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

My thinking:

I typically look for game-changing cards first. In the base set, Witch is not at the top of the list, but it's up there. And in a game with NO way to trash a non-copper card, the Witch is a really big deal. So, that's a centerpiece card here. Get to a Witch, curse your rival, and maybe just big money after that.

(Note: "big money" is shorthand for a super-simple but relatively effective strategy in Dominion... simplified a bit as: buy the best treasure card you can afford each turn until you can afford Provinces, then buy them)

My angle here will be to use the Moneylender as both my route to a $5 Witch, but also as a means to thin out the deck one copper at a time. It's less than perfect (two terminal action cards with no easy way to add extra actions) but I think that might be the best path.

I expect the bot to eschew the Moneylender, and maybe the Witch, and to go to trusty Council Room. Big Money plus one accelerant card (like CR, or Smithy, for example) is generally viewed as even better than pure Big Money. I'll see if I can beat it by using the Moneylender/Witch.

Last edited by QuikSand : 04-10-2019 at 12:29 PM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote