View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 02:08 PM   #122
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

More training related, overall last week, I logged 31.9 miles in 4:36:41 for an average pace of 5:23/km (8:40/mile).

As I said, I started this week with my usual recovery run in which I kept the heart rate below 110 BPM. The original week 3 of my Higdon HM plan called for a hills workout today but I had scratched that, given the stairs and hills I knew I'd go through on Sunday. I still went out and did a mini hills workout with 4 repeats of a 180m tiny bit of hills (5% average grade) we have in the neighborhood. Well, it's still 2.5 km away from the house, so I ran easy to it, did my repeats and ran easy back home.

It looks like this for the week:
MON: 7 km recovery
TUE: 7.4 km mini-hills
WED: 7 km easy
THU: 30 minutes progression
FRI: 5 km easy
SAT: Rest
SUN: 90 minutes long run (3/1)

I pushed back my rest day to Saturday since our 10yo son has a soccer tournament Saturday and Sunday and we'll have to hit the road for a 90 minutes drive at 7am on Saturday. He plays 3 preliminary round games on Saturday and he his team qualifies for the elimination round, he'll play on Sunday. If they make it far in the tournament, that long run of Sunday will be hard to fit in since Sunday evening is our 17yo's high school graduation ball. We'd then leave the youngest to come back home with one of his teammates for us to simply be able to make it to the pre-ball cocktail. Sigh, yet another crazy weekend in the Gougeon household. But we love 'em like that!

FM