View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 08:23 PM   #36
Anthony
Banned

i always took a simpler approach to that rating - the coach will adhere exactly to your gameplan but its the actual calling of the individual plays where he plays a factor. what i mean by that is knowing where you have the advantage and where the defense has the disadvantage - say, you have a VG rated WR going up against a FAIR rated CB - i would expect my coach to stick to my gameplan but know to expoit that CB by calling my VG WR's number often. i would also say that his playcalling acts as a multiplier to the play outcome formula. your gameplan + opposition's expectation + your player's rating + opposition's player rating x coach's playcalling. i kinda looked at it as an "all things being equal, my coach's excellent playcalling should help decide the outcome in my favor in any given scenario".

this is the disadvantage of Jim not explaining his game in full. he's trying to encourage people finding things out on their own, but without saying how something is intended to be/work we don't even know if there are bugs or if something is broken. a lot of stuff in this game can be chalked up as filler, cuz if i don't know exactly how it works then it'll be something i just don't pay attention to. but that's just being nitpicky. i don't have any probs w/ FOF.