View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 08:01 PM   #138
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Thursday we did not have Brenton #32 or Tyler #18, who have combined for every score we have this season.

We worked on a special pass play I feel might work this game, and we worked on our defense, which can win this game for us if they show up. My assistant and I feel like there will be at least 2 times when Austin (who is replacing Tyler this week) will whiff on a tackle and let the kid sweep to victory. Austin is who we had at CB the first two games, and we replaced him with Thomas who has been solid. We moved Austin back to FS where he can take up space. He cries when we ask him to hit. He just doesn't want to do it. This week, he is sitting in the cross hairs. He makes us or breaks us. I wish I had faith that he would come through, but 2 months of never ending one on one time with him has not made any improvement. Really, the only kid I can say that about. Too bad, because he has the weight and build. But, he is our only option, trust me, we have looked at every possibility and change.

I plan on running Brenton 20-25 times. That is alot when most offenses get only about 30-35 plays. We are running power right/left and wedge until we wear them down. I am hoping to keep them off the field as much as possible.

If things go well for us, we win 12-6, 6-0, something like that. Things go bad, it might be 26-0, if they find that edge.

We have not beat a team with a winning record yet, much less an undefeated team who has not allowed a point on defense all year. We will do the best we can with what we got and let fortune decide the issue.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand

Last edited by Senator : 10-24-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote