View Single Post
Old 11-13-2023, 04:38 PM   #142
Unimaginative
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
In several 20+ year sims, I feel like I'm seeing hugely successful coaches, often times with multiple years of consecutive playoff appearances and/or championships, eventually get fired after a poor season or two ... which is fine.. But then often sit unemployed or retire straight after.

Whereas in real life I feel like head coaches with big time pedigree usually get new head coaching jobs incredibly quickly, and don't generally sit unemployed (maybe I'm wrong about this perception?)

I know one of the patch items was creating less new staff, which perhaps could help, as less new staff, means existing game staff would get re-hired more often... but in my sims I'm still seeing too many head coaches who only have one tenure with one team then never coach/work again..

Anyone else seeing similar?

Another thought on coaching changes that I've noticed as I'm playing.

First off--the AI really oughta change coordinators more often. My league right now is in 2029, and a majority of teams still have the same coordinators they began the game with, through multiple head coaches and some DISASTEROUS years on the coordinators side of the ball. These long tenured coordinators often are not particularly good coordinators, either--but they stick around forever. Hiring a new HC should come with new coordinators more often than not, and coordinators who regularly oversee poor offenses/defenses shouldn't stick around for a decade.

I've been having a lot of feelings about the way coaching works in FoF right now; I might start a thread another time to talk about thoughts on how the system could be deepened and/or made more dynamic/engaging, even just as a thought exercise. Right now, it's been one of the more (re; only) disappointing parts of the new release for me.
Unimaginative is offline   Reply With Quote