View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 08:16 AM   #515
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jan 1, 2014 (morning)

Despite burning up the fax machine & dropping prices to basically nothing beyond a small percentage of next sale, we managed no offers or interest at all for: GK Gonzalez, D Antwi, D C.Jones, D Martin, D Stevenson

MF Greenhoff got minor interest from Eastleigh but not at our asking price (I think it was $10) and not before they reduce their payroll

We sign young DMC Lokman Kaymaz to his first professional contract, $10/wk through 6/30/16

Hassan Janneh wants first team football, I promise to try to give him a chance. Honestly, in very limited appearances (7 games) over the past two seasons, he's actually been decent (6.83 lifetime rating). I don't know where/when/how he can make the lineup, but I'll try.

Lewis Whitely suddenly wants a new contract. I tell him I'll offer something in the next month.

Darren Holden also wants a new deal. I'll figure out what to do in the next month.

Jan 1, 2014 (afternoon)

Our Reserves played a league match at Gateshead, winning 4-2.

A mixed lineup today, with regular U18 keeper Tamer Dalton getting the start here (our next U18 match is against a winless dreg). Today is also against the last place team in our reserve league, just 4 goals scored in ten games thus for and winless, with only a draw to their credit ... and yet they're a 1:2 favorite.

Their star striker outruns Rhys Paul and scores at 7'. Trialist Miller-Rodney with a desperation cross to Cresswell who fires it true to tie things at 20'. Their star striker AGAIN abuses Paul and we're down a goal at 28'. Cresswell strikes again, off a nice pass into the box from Massacci and we've drawn level at 68'. Higgins sails down the left flank, crosses, Milller-Rodney is there to head it home off the underside of the bar for the lead at 76'. Their star, Heather, fires it wide one-on-one. 91' Higgins lobs a free kick into the box, Paul heads it home to ice it.

Cresswell puts up an 8.8 and bossed the midfield. Tyrell Miller-Rodney, playing out of his natural position, had an 8.2, Higgins an 8.0