View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 04:48 PM   #523
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jan 15, 2013 (afternoon)
Blyth (6-8-8, 15th BSBN) at Hyde (11-3-11 9th BSBN)
They are a 4:5 favorite. Open with 4-4-2 Diamond Standard
GK: Dovey
D: Giddings, Seery, Seidu, Boateng
MF: Sawyer, Carruthers, Moke, Paratore
F: Mutero, Clarke-Harris
Available Subs: (Nightingale, Janneh, Rickard, Groves, McDonald)

5' - Seery slips on the wet grass, knocks in an own goal while trying to defend a corner (0-1)
11' - Mutero just misses a shot high
27' - Seidu makes two nice tackles but fails to clear, concedes a corner
45' - Moke gets a yellow card due to an obvious dive
45'+ - Mutero all alone on a breakaway, missed so wide that it would be comical if it weren't sad

Halftime: Not a great half, we've got to step it up & I like the AssMan tell them so. We tweak the strategy, looking to be more fluid, float more crosses (we're winning the headers today so why not?), and switch to Attacking (which I meant to do from the opening kickoff but the instruction didn't take)

48' - We miss off a corner, they counter in a hurry, long run but the finish caroms off the crossbar to save us
55' - Sub Janneh (for Moke, tiring & 6.0)
58' - Dovey punches a shot away, the rebound goes to the far post where they tap it in (0-2)
58' - Sub Rickard (for Giddings, tiring) ... shift Carruthers to LD, Mutero to LM
69' - Boateng trips a flyer down the flank, that's his second yellow and now we're a man short.
72' - Paratore shows signs of life but his shot is harmless
80' - Sub Groves (for Clarke-Harris, tired & knocked) ... shift Carruthers back to LM, Mutero back to STL
83' - Mutero skips past a defender, his shot is turned aside for a corner

Full time: Hyde 2 - Blyth 0

Ugly. Boateng gets sent off & sucked (6.1) before he did. We just looked totally outclassed. Seery (7.4) played well after the early mess, Carruthers (6.9) and Sawyer (6.8) were alright, the rest were in the 6.1 to 6.5 range and that's not going to cut it.

January 15, 2014 (postmatch)
I'm not too harsh, not too easy on Boateng in the post-match presser. He let his teammates down today & I acknowledged that fact.