View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 05:43 PM   #73
Groundhog
Coordinator

Add Java to the list of things to learn. I've always been hesitant to learn java because I deal with so many crappy java applets every day at work, but it seems like the easy solution to cutting down on the amount of templates required.

To use the roster page as an example again, clicking through to the roster page now loads all the tables needed for each of the Info / Stats / Ratings / Salary nav pills. Using javascript I hide the tables excluding the default selected (Info). Clicking a different nav pill sets the icon to active, hides Info, and reveals the appropriate table. This would mean a slightly largely db query as the page loads, but significantly less reloading when navigating the tabs.

I'm going to experiment with loading ALL the info for the team, including the top nav tabs (Roster / Staff / Team Info). This would mean a lot more hiding/unhiding java scripting logic as well as potentially longer load times depending on how much info is included on these other tabs, but browsing through the different tabs would be instantaneous once loaded.

I also made some changes to the navigation menus and style based on some templates found online. I'll post some more screenshots when I've cleaned it up a little bit.