View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 07:53 AM   #209
Izulde
Head Coach

Transfer In - DCR Andy Roberts (22) - From Armthorpe Welfare
Yeah, yeah we just beat these guys 2-0 in a friendly, and the $90 P/A is a little steep. But 11 Tackling, 10 Marking, 13 Aggression, 13 Influence, 10 Balance, 10 Jumping, 10 Stamina, and we could be doing a lot worse for an emergency stopgap.

Transfer In - ST Ciaran Williams (18)
$1.7k annual salary through 2021 that goes to $2.3k a year after 30 games. Probably could have talked him down cheaper, but oh well. 10 Penalty Kicks, 11 Aggression, 11 Flair, 11 Acceleration, 13 Balance, 16 Natural Fitness, 11 Pace, 11 Stamina. Our 4th striker by the rankings, but since Parsons is an AMC/MC ideally, the kid essentially becomes our 3rd striker. 4.5 silver/5

1st vs Rainworth Miners Welfare (15th)
G: Jimmy Barlow
D: Mick Deakin/Andy Roberts/Gareth Anderson/Taylor Hall
DM: Gareth Muldowney
M: David Parsons/Brian Denton
AMC: Frank Futcher
S: Matty Hamilton/Leeroy Chinthengah

Egginton at DM and Russell at AM at the half, as we're playing a little lethargically out there, though the defense is still playing fantastically.

91 - Let's throw Williams in to try and catch them napping.

It's the first game I've ever seen without a single highlight. Ouch. My guess is they parked the bus to get the draw, and well, it worked.

Transfer In - DM Stewart Mulvaney (20) - From Maine Road
I wasn't planning on signing another DM, but my assman kept raving about him. 10 Penalty Kicks, 12 Teamwork, 12 Workrate, 10 Balance, 12 Pace, 11 Stamina. $120 P/A and clocks in at 3.5/5. What this means is that we can move Gareth Muldowney to MC, where he's 3.5 (and better than the 2.5 at DMC), and make our midfield that much stronger.

4th vs Romulus FC (10th)
D: Mick Deakin/Andy Roberts/Gareth Anderson/Taylor Hall
DM: Gareth Muldowney
M: Brian Denton/David Parsons

Our newest signing is still tired from his last match with his old club, so he'll sit out this one.

17 - Knock for Parsons

20 - Knock for Denton. What the hell is this? Both our MCs getting dinged one right after the other.

38 - They really should have scored there. Weak effort.

Egginton at DM and Muldowney slides up to MC, with Russell coming on to take the other spot.

61 - Sigh. Time to attack 0-1

And a whole big pile of nothing. Half the team gets pissed off when I praise the defense, who did do a bang-up jump, and then more people get butthurt when I tell the rest of them they didn't do their fucking job. We also lose David Parsons for 2 weeks.

We made a profit of $46.8k last month, but that's due to the board infusing $55k. They're satisfied, but also say "your one saving grace is financial control, which has been satisfactory". Oh, fuck you.

7th @Ilkeston FC (13th)
D: Mick Deakin/Abs Wickenden/Gareth Anderson/Taylor Hall
DM: Stewart Mulvaney
M: Gareth Muldowney/Brian Denton

20 - Yeah, you were so blatantly offsides even the popcorn vendor saw it, Hamilton

44 - And now you shank an easy goal Hamilton? No wonder Chinthengah says he can't get motivated with you as captain.

56 - Yay for not marking a guy on a corner 0-1

70 - Russell for Futcher, Egginton for Denton

82 - Deakin is knocked.

Sound familiar? Hot streak followed by being unable to buy a fucking goal? We played well enough to win, too. Including a 9.0 from Abs Wickenden.

On the other hand, injuries continue to pile up, as Mick Deakin goes out for 4 weeks.

14th @Newcastle Town (8th)
D: Brian Haskins/Abs Wickenden/Gareth Anderson/Taylor Hall

Williams comes in for Hamilton at half, as we continue to have real problems on offense.

79 - Russell in for Denton

94 - Argh! Chinthengah with a great chance for the dramatic late win, and he shanks it.

15th vs Heanor Town (17th)
D: Mick Deakin/Abs Wickenden/Gareth Anderson/Taylor Hall
M: David Parsons/Brian Denton

5 - Anderson gets destroyed and I'm shocked there's no call. Instead, they score 0-1

8 - Mulvaney booms it to Hamilton in the box, and just as they're about to wipe Matty Sucks out, he crosses to Chinthengah for the immediate answer 1-1

56 - Williams in for Hamilton; Russell for Denton

62 - Because we don't have enough backline injuries, Anderson is knocked out and Roberts comes in.

80 - Parsons wings it out to Chinthengah, who immediately heads it to Futcher in the box. Dribbling forward until he finds his spot, and *bam*! Down to Contain we go 2-1

82 - But wait! Here's Futcher on the corner finding Wickenden's head for the insurance! 3-1

90 - One of their players goes off with a red! Cool note that the opposition is "losing their discipline"

91 - Parsons passes to Chinthengah, who slides it on over to Williams on the box boundary. The defense's effort to tackle it away fails, an the 18 year old looks up, sets his shot, and hammers in his first ever goal for us! 4-1

Accolades: PotM Abs Wickenden with 8.7, Brian Haskins with 7.8, Frank Futcher with 8.4, Leeroy Chinthengah netting an 8.3, and Ciaran Williams with a 7.6 and maybe getting his shot to be a starting striker.

And because of the rules of this universe dictate that bad shit has to immediately follow good shit, we lose Gareth Anderson for 4 weeks. Still, have to be happy with our first win in 5 games, a triumph that vaults us back up into 8th

8th vs Lincoln United (23rd)
D: Mick Deakin/Abs Wickenden/Andy Roberts/Taylor Hall
S: Ciaran Williams/Leeroy Chinthengah

12 - Obvious offsides is obvious.

21 - ...Really? WE'RE FUCKING LOSING TO THE 2ND WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE?! 0-1

Muldowney to DM, Parsons at MC and Hamilton in for Williams, who has completely cracked under the pressure of starting.

53 - ANOTHER FUCKING FLUKE GOAL?! YOU HAVE *GOT* TO BE SHITTING ME! 0-2

65 - Chinthengah is knocked. Rigged game is fucking rigged.

And oh look [b]Leeroy Chinthengah is out 4-5 weeks. EVERY FUCKING GAME IT HURTS ONE OF MY STARTERS FOR MULTIPLE WEEKS. FUCK YOU, FM! FUCK YOU UP THE GIANT ASS WITH FUCKING THORNY POGO STICK FOR YOUR RIGGING GAMES AND INJURING ALL MY PLAYERS

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote