View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 05:19 PM   #414
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-King Kong Bundy and Roddy Piper are exhausted after the last show.

-Kerry Von Erich's suspension has ended.

-Terry Gordy and Tiger Mask are late for the last show. I believe it's the first time for both guys, so they both get a warning.

-The UWA (out of Mexico) has risen to cult status, becoming the 8th promotion in the world to do so. Both Mexican promotions are now at that level.

-Negotiations with David Von Erich were successful, but have also have added a new challenge to the dynasty. David re-signs at a pretty reasonable $1,925/show for 18 months, but demanded creative control, which I reluctantly gave him. David now has the power to basically stop storylines and booking plans in their tracks - he can veto a booked defeat in any match, up to the minute the match happens (so I won't have any warning). This will create some interesting decisions down the road.

-Ted Dibiase signs with All-Japan, so he's no longer exclusive to us. He still considers us his priority company though.

-The TV show gets a 0.53 rating. That's about our average over the last month.

-In Stampede wrestling, The Rougeau Brothers defeated Bret & Bruce Hart for the tag team championship. If I ever play another game of TEW after this one, I'm playing as Stampede, I love that roster.

-Jerry Lawler, who has been unemployed since his CWA went out of business, is back in the business, signing with Georgia.

-The WWF held their inaugural Wrestlemania event. It's an odd card:

Frankie Williams defeats Salvatore Bellomo
Bob Backlund defeats Samula to retain the IC Championship
JYD & Butch Reed defeat Tony Garea & Eddie Gilbert
SD Jones defeats Superstar Billy Graham
Tony Atlas & Rocky Johnson defeat Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee
Big John Studd & Pedro Morales defeat David Schultz & Michael Hayes
Paul Orndorff & Austin Idol defeat Hulk Hogan & Don Kernodle
The Invaders defeat the Wild Samoans retain the WWF Tag Team Titles
Jose Luis Rivera defeats Charlie Fulton
Scott Irwin defeats Larry Zbyskzo to retain the WWF World Title
Magnum TA & Tito Santana defeat Johnny Rodz & Jules Strongbow

Last edited by molson : 09-01-2007 at 05:46 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote