View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #416
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I may be in the same boat with you in my ECW game. I think I am going to not get a new network to show interest and I can't keep do things the way they're going right now. So what is your suggestion? Run two shows a week and travel the areas I wanna get over in?

I think there's two big things you have to shoot for in this game

1. Accomplish your owner's goals
2. Rise to the next level

In your case, getting to Cult accomplishes both, so that's gotta be the focus. I saw that you're reached 53.1% in New England, does that mean you're reached cult overall (53.1% in two or more regions?). If so, I'd work on getting a buffer there so you don't fall back down.

Then, you have to make a tough decision about the TV situation. It sounds like no network wants to be your 2nd TV show. In order to get a network with more coverage, you might have to wait for a time when new networks start accepting applications, cancel your existing show, then try to get on a network with a broader reach. You'll be off TV for a while, and risk is that you can't find another network in time, keeping you dark for an entire season (3 months). But if it works, you can can improve your popularity in more regions at the same time, which is really the only way to ever get to national status. (For me, a B- show on national TV is huge, because I started at around D- is most regions, so I'm shooting up everywhere. Eventually, I'll have to figure out how to get to B or B+ consistently to get to national status, but for now, I'm making progress every show).

I was able to do that in my dynasty a while ago - I was dark for about 3 weeks, but when I came back to TV, I was national.

The one concern I would have is how many TV networks you have in your mod, and if there was a one that fit where you needed to be. If it doesn't look like there's enough in there, I'd imput the networks from the default file.

Last edited by molson : 09-01-2007 at 05:43 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote