View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 04:55 PM   #421
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Rick Martel won the AWA TV title from Curt Hennig

-I don't know if migraines are contagious, but suddenly Buddy Landell has come down with them as well. Which means he'll be limited for the next several months. Sucks for him, there's going to be room to push new guys with Garvin and Adams on the way out.

-The TV show gets a 0.45 rating. That's our worst rating in 6 weeks - not surprising after that crappy show.

-Andre the Giant, currently working only for New Japan, is suffering from Multiple Concussion Syndrome - he'll be out about a year.

-Our old friend Manny Fernandez won Georgia Championship Wrestling's National Heavyweight Championship defeating The Spoiler. Manny also is still the Central States Heavyweight Champion, a title he's held for almost 20 months now.

-The UWF, a new Japan promotion that opened in the last few months, has crowned it's first champion - Bad News Brown.

-"Dizzy" Ed Hogan (aka Brutus Beefcake) won his first ever singles title, the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Championship (which is a lower-level title in Mid-Atlantic) from Magic Dragon.

-Bobby Eaton re-signs for a big raise - $1,800/show for 18 months (up from $650/show in his previous contract). Negotiations with Koko B. Ware and Kevin Von Erich don't produce an agreement in day 1, but I'm optimistic I'll sign both shortly after Last Man Standing.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote