WCCW Record: 25-11-2
Skill Increases:
2/3 Letter Grade: Mic Skills, Basics
Full Letter Grade: Flashiness
More than 1 Full Letter Grade: Respect
Tex Popularity: C-
Midwest Popularity: C
Southeast Popularity C-

-Adonis drops down to the Upper Midcard this month, largely to make room for Michael Hayes. He's gone up and down over the year, but has always been a valuable employee.

-Adonis' job right now is simple - make Piper look like as big a star as Piper's paycheck indicates he should be. So far, he's done an OK job. But regardless of how well the Piper experiment goes, Adonis has a long-term job with WCCW.

8. Tiger Mask
26 years old, $1,825/show, 4 months remaining
WCCW Record: 14-5-1
Skill Increases:
2/3 Letter Grade: Respect
Full Letter Grade: None
More than 1 Full Letter Grade: None
Tex Popularity: B-
Midwest Popularity: D+
Southeast Popularity C-

-Tiger Mask drops down to the Upper Midcard after a short stint as a Main Eventer, again, in what is really just a numbers game.

-Tiger Mask didn't show a whole lot of improvement over the last year (though he has become fluent in English), but he's already one of the world's great talents. He's a guy that in real life, had some limited success with the WWF and other territories, but it's interesting to see him try to reach greater American success in the dynasty. Unlike Roddy Piper, Tiger Mask has been able to come into an area where he wasn't well known (Texas), and increase his regional popularity greatly. The question is whether he can make the leap to true main eventer.

9. Buddy Jack Roberts

32 years old, $1,400/show, 5 months remaining
WCCW Record: 20-29-11
Skill Increases:
2/3 Letter Grade: Flashiness, Submissions, Charisma, Consistency,
Full Letter Grade: Puro, Aerial, Respect,
More than 1 Full Letter Grade: Mic Skills,
Tex Popularity: C
Southeast Popularity B-

-I've relied on Buddy a lot over the last year, and the skill increases (especially mic skills) reflect that. He's also one of the older guys on the roster, and he's starting to break down - B ratings in Head, Arms, and Legs Condition, and C rating in Body condition. He's also currently working through broken ribs. He'll have another high profile run with the current Freebirds angle, hopefully he'll hold up.

10. Villano III
32 years old, $1,325/show, 2 1/2 months remaining
WCCW Record: 17-5-5
Skill Increases:
2/3 Letter Grade: None
Full Letter Grade: Flashiness, Aerial
More than 1 Full Letter Grade: Respect
Tex Popularity: C+
Midwest Popularity: D-
Southeast Popularity D

-Anyone who reads the dynasty knows my feelings on this guy, he's the needle in a haystack, gem that I found and has given me surprising results, has wrestled great matches with guys up and down the roster. And just because he happened to have suffered a humiliating defeat recently at the hands of Tiger Mask, it doesn't mean he's still not destined for great things in WCCW. Without the mask he'll need a new name, certainly (maybe his real name, Arturo Mendoza). He'll also probably have a meaner attitude. He's not a young guy, his time is now.

11. Bobby Eaton
25 years old, $1,800/show, 17 months remaining
WCCW Record: 22-13-4
Skill Increases:
2/3 Letter Grade: None
Full Letter Grade: Respect, Submissions,
Tex Popularity: B
Southeast Popularity B

-Am I holding this guy back? My booking team thinks he should be a main eventer, but I'm not quite ready to break up our best tag team. It's surprising how quickly he's reached B level popularity in Texas. With Bobby of course, the downside is lack of charisma and mic skills, but he's making up for it in the ring. Just like in real life, his potential is maximized by associating him with charismatic partners and managers.

12. Kerry Von Erich
24 years old, $1,800/show, 15 months remaining
WCCW Record: 23-19-6
Skill Increases:
2/3 Letter Grade: Aerial, Psychology, Mic Skills,
Full Letter Grade: Respect,
Tex Popularity: C+
Midwest Popularity: C-
Southeast Popularity C-

-Kerry's been something of a disappointment for me, which is why he's subject to some weird angles (the piledriver injury, and now as the whining Von Erich who has quit the WCCW two separate times). At least I'm keeping him in the spotlight.

-He's had some really bad matches, and has been in some very poorly rated segments. But he's still a Von Erich, which means it still make sense to invest in him.

13. Koko B. Ware
30 years old, $1,675/show, 18 months remaining
WCCW Record: 20-10-4
Skill Increases:
2/3 Letter Grade: Submissions, Puro, Chain Wrestling, Respect,
Full Letter Grade: Mat Wrestling,
More than 1 Full Letter Grade:
Tex Popularity: B-
Midwest Popularity: C+
Southeast Popularity B+

-On the one hand, Koko seems like the Marty Janetty to Bobby Eaton's Shawn Michaels, but on closer look, an argument can be made that Koko will be the breakout star. He's certainly a bigger charismatic figure than Eaton, and he also has better mic skills. He's also, somewhat surprisingly, our #1 most popular wrestler in the southeast.

-But for now, I want to keep them together. They'd get lost in the shuffle in singles competition, but can be at the top of the heap as a tag team.

Last edited by molson : 09-20-2007 at 10:22 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote