View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 12:18 PM   #433
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Really surprising to see several Wrestlers more Popular than a couple pf the Von Erichs in Texas, any thoughts on why?

Popularity's an elusive concept in TEW, but it's some combination of in-ring success, how often one appears in a given region, and quality of the matches & angles they're involved in. The DOTT mod does a great job of assigning initial popularity levels, and the Von Erichs do have some built in popularity there, but after that, the game just considers them ordinary workers like anyone else (except for the fact that they're loyal to Fritz, and thus won't work for anyone else, at least in the beginning).

I've surprised David's only a B- in Texas, and that he's actually more popular in the midwest. If I looked back, I'd guess that most of his high profile losses against Bob Backlund took place in Texas, and that he's practically undefeated in the midwest. Kevin and Kerry have been largely booked as midcarders, so it makes sense that they're a tier lower (but clearly, I need to book Kevin to have some big wins in the midwest and southeast, as his popularity is very low there). It's a complicated equation - how well you book someone effects their popularity, and how popular they are effects how highly rated their matches and segments are.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote