View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 02:01 AM   #1
Raven Hawk
College Starter

XCOM 2: Resistance is Futile

It's been quite some time since I've posted round here, but I've got a week off and I thought I'd start up a "quick" XCOM 2 dynasty for shits and giggles. This could be the fastest XCOM dynasty ever as I will be playing on Legendary difficulty in Ironman mode. The fun of this is that it's not just me walking through a game, but rather getting beaten up and sucker-punched by a game.

I've defeated XCOM 2 on Commander difficulty multiple times, but not with Ironman engaged. I have defeated the game once on Legendary difficulty without ironman engaged either. I'm hoping that taking the time to write this up will give me the patience to play it right. Usually I get into a binge on a weekend and by the 7th mission at 2am I'm making poor decisions that you can't recover from. So please feel free to read and enjoy. Or not. In the older traditions, if anybody wants to "sign up" to be a recruit in the game, I'm happy to have you to make this fun. I do expect a high casualty rate, though.

Settings:
Difficulty - Legendary
Ironman - On

Expansions:
Alien Hunters - On (Dr. Vahlen created bosses for you to deal with, but comes with cool gear)
Shen's Last Gift - On (Dr. Shen leaves a SPARK for his daughter to find)

That's about it. XCOM 2 doesn't have as varied of settings as XCOM did. ENJOY!

Raven Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote