View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 08:53 PM   #9
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Our Bald Benefactor

I return to my Quarters. I'm rummaging through some of Tygan's notes as a call comes in on my view screen. It is our Bald Benefactor. I'll refer to him as BB.

In his basso voice, BB congratulates us on a successful mission despite the casualty suffered. He informs me that the Council, with whom he used to participate, has sworn allegiance to Advent. He is the only member who has not done so. He will keep us funded to his best abilities, but lets us know that support will intermittent as he can provide.

He gives us some intel on an Advent Blacksite that he has learned of that is based in Western Africa. He feels that XCOM needs to find out what is happening there and tasks us with investigating the site. I agree, but only agree to do so on my own timeframe. He warns that time is a luxury that I may not have, before fading off my view screen.

OPEN OBJECTIVES:

1. Complete Advent Officer Autopsy

2. Contact Resistance in Blacksite Region

3. Make Contact with West Africa

4. Research Resistance Communications

Engineering Report – Have Martha Fisher starting to clear out debris from portions of the Avenger, but switch her to building the Advanced Warfare Center once we complete the Alien Biotech research. The Advanced Warfare Center will allow us to heal faster and unlock custom abilities for soldiers. This project will take us 21 days.

Research Report – Tygan analyzed the chip that they found in my brain. It was being used to do war simulations where they could gather tactical tendencies from me. To further understand the technology he will need to autopsy an Advent Officer corpse. Luckily, we have one available. However, we will work on Modular Weapons because the Scope that we found on our last mission is a Superior Scope (Level 3). Need to put it to use.

We complete Modular weapons and we can now use the Advanced Laser Sight and the Superior Scope. Want to save the Superior Scope for the next Sharpshooter. But will deploy the Laser Sight on next mission. Next up: Resistance Comms. Need to make contact with more regions to increase our funding.

Scanning – Heading back to scan the Grenades and Ammo. Successful scan gets us an incendiary grenade and tracer rounds. Have a unique scan opportunity at a Locator Beacon to recover some Lost Cargo. We're scanning the Lost Cargo site when BB gives me a call. We have an opportunity to extract a VIP and gain some intel . . .