View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 10:05 AM   #18
Raven Hawk
College Starter

The Skyranger lifts off from the AO. Chas in Cinti is sitting across from Breeze. Both are tending to their wounds. Chas in Cinti looks up at Breeze.

"Hey, man," he says, getting Breeze to look up at him, "thanks for freezing those maggots." Chas in Cinti dabs at a bloody claw mark on his face, then checks the gauze for blood.

Breeze holds a hard face for a moment before letting a smile crack. "All in a day's work, brother. Just like last time." He winks at Chas in Cinti.

Chesapeake takes notice and asks, "What happened last time?"

Chas in Cinti and Breeze exchange glances. Chas in Cinti nods a silent assent. Breeze speaks up.

"We were extracting a VIP from an Advent controlled zone when we were engaged by a Sectoid and a couple Clackers. Chas in Cinti dropped both Clackers with a fire bomb, but the Sectoid was dug in good and we couldn't get him down. Next thing we know Chas in Cinti's eyes are glowing purple and he's got his cannon trained on me. Lucky for me Chas in Cinti is a horrible shot."

Both Breeze and Chas in Cinti smile.

Breeze continues. "I was finally able to flank the Sectoid and railed him with my cannon. As soon as that Pinky dropped, Chas in Cinti snapped out of it. Scared the shit out of us."

Chesapeake leans towards Breeze. "Why didn't you shoot him?" He nods towards Chas in Cinti.

Breeze raises his voice. "Because that's what you DON'T do. You try your best, Rookie, to save each others' asses any opportunity you get. You saw it today. It's scary out there. I'd like to think that if a Pinky got in my head you wouldn't just turn on me and pull the trigger."

Breeze stares intently at Chesapeake. Chesapeake shifts his gaze to the floor and then to Suarez. Suarez shrugs his shoulders.

Silence settles over the Skyranger and stays that way until they land back on the Avenger.

OPEN OBJECTIVES:
1. Complete Advent Officer Autopsy
2. Contact Resistance in Blacksite Region
3. Make Contact with West Africa
4. Research Resistance Communications

Personnel Report – Still have 6 Operatives, but 4 are injured, for significant periods of time. Will need to spend 80 of the 150 supplies getting at least 2 Rookie recruits.

Engineering Report – We expect that Advanced Warfare Center to be available for use in 8 days.

Research Report – Hybrid Materials completed – allowing us to build a nanoscale vests, if we choose. We decided to do the Advent Officer autopsy to knock out a goal instead of Magnetic Weapons or Armor.

Scanning – We finish scanning the Supply Drop and recover 150 resources. We’re going to go check out the Abandoned Colony to see if we can get those recruits before our next mission. Hoping we can use the resources elsewhere. Unfortunately, our next mission comes up halfway through the scan. We recruit 2 newbies from HQ to become Operatives. Welcome to the show, noobs!