View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 08:23 PM   #414
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Continuing on my quest to view the most controversial movies of all time, next up:

Cannibal Holocaust (7/10)

This movie was clearly an inspiration to the Blair Witch people. This movie was filmed back in 1980, and was immediately banned in most countries of the world. In fact, the Italian authorities were so convinced this was an actual snuff film, they had all copies seized and the director was arrested.

The film is definitely shocking, but after viewing, it wasn't shocking just for the sake of being shocking. The premise is that four documentary folks enter the Amazon jungle looking for natives. They never return. An anthropologist (trivia note: played by Mr. Greenfeld from Debbie Does Dallas) tries to find them. He discoveres their film, and a documentary is made from the discovered film. (Sound familiar, Blair Witch watchers?).

If you have heard about this movie before, and were interested in seeing it, do so. If this is something you just happen to come across somewhere and don't know the history behind it, you will probably not like the movie.

Next up on my list of controversial movies, I've tracked down a copy of "Salo".
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote