View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 12:05 AM   #438
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

The Village (2004) - 3 of 5 stars

imdb.com description:
The population of a small, isolated countryside village believe that their alliance with the mythical creatures that inhabit the forest around them is coming to an end.

my take:
I haven't seen this since my theater viewing, and I decided to watch it again after getting into a debate with a friend about the quality of the movie. Upon second viewing, it holds up for me. I still think it's a solid movie. I think those preoccupied with "the twist" are really missing a good movie in the process. This would be a great movie to watch in relation to social morality, information control, etc. Aside from being an engaging thriller I think it's a great discussion starter.

full disclosure: I'll admit I like M. Knight more than most. On a thumbs up/thumbs down scale only Lady In The Water would not pass the test. And even with that movie I give him credit for trying and failing, whereas most movies are never trying to be good in the first place.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote