View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 08:17 PM   #445
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

This Film Is Not Yet Rated (Documentary) (2006 - released 9/1/06) - 4 of 5 stars

This movie is a documentary on the MPAA rating system and it's veil of secrecy behind review board members, procedure, etc. About 95% of the movie is spent on examining R vs. NC-17 rulings and the overall tendancy to censor sex while any kind of violence is fine. The interviews with those involved from all angles are pretty enlightening, directors who have had rulings they didn't understand, a few ex review board members who have broken their silence, etc. A huge amount of comedy and eye-opening detail is provided when the filmmaker hires a private investigator to uncover who unnamed review board members are and demonstrate flat-out that a large number do not meet the criteria the MPAA claims their members must meet.

MPAA haters will love it, the MPAA and it's supporters will no doubt claim the filmmaker has an agenda (which obviously, he does). A very entertaining movie. I know it just opened today and i only think it's in 2 theaters in the country at the moment, but i'm pretty sure it'll be rolling out to other major markets in the coming weeks. If you even think you'd be into it, i can certainly give my recommendation.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 09-01-2006 at 08:19 PM.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote