View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 11:20 AM   #1
revrew
Team Chaplain

Detroit's Dark Knight: The Des Moines Dragons Reborn

The original Des Moines Dragons dynasty is more than 10 years old now. I don't remember when I last wrote it, where it left off, or why it died. I do remember, however, that Kurt Warner was our QB and Bryce Paup our star LB … so that was a while ago.

The premise was simple: Build a team of players from only one state: Iowa. Whether by college or high school roots, all players had to be from Iowa. How good could such a team get?

With this dynasty, the Dragons are reborn. And with their rebirth, more story, more narrative, more fun! And maybe even more cowbell.

But also a new premise, a sly parallel to the greatest superhero film of all time and the Clown Prince of Crime himself.

As a side note: This dynasty is being played out and written on an old computer, and thus, I'm using the FOF v 7.2. Yes, 7.2. I just don't have the time in life to learn a new version. Deal with it; I have.

For reasons that will shortly be made clear, I am starting the 2015-16 season, but acting as if it is the 2025/26 season, and I will begin with a full draft (though I won't bore you with all the details over every pick – yawn). Chemistry on (inter-squad squabbling is a real possibility I'll just have to live with). Level playing field off. Firing off.

And thus … it begins:
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.

revrew is offline   Reply With Quote