View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #12
timmynausea
College Starter

Simming the actual high school games would be a total overkill for me as my primary concern with HS is how it affects the college game. In other words, for my gaming experience, the time could be better spent fine-tuning which states produce the most talent and realistic roster representations for different regions and programs.

I'd rather see program by program adjustments and state by state adjustments to get it right. Has Oklahoma had an average of 50%-75% of their roster come from Texas over the last decade? How about Rutgers getting about 20% from Florida? Meanwhile a school like Texas gets 90-95% from in state. Obviously, these are trends that can and will change over time, but I'd rather have these kinds of things accurately reflect college football than particular high schools actually reflected (which also changes over time) as that just wouldn't mean as much to me and my program. I see it as first a state by state adjustment to get talent trends right (populous states in the South produce more and better talent than populous states in the Northeast, for example) and then a program by program adjustment. I don't want it to be dead on with no room for movement or anything, but "Oklahoma as a powerhouse that goes out of state often while Texas stays almost exclusively in state" is a start toward what I'd like, and I think it can get a little more specific than that. (I'm a WVU fan, and our recruiting has really picked up in VA over the past year, where it really didn't exist before. Other schools from out of the region like Pitt and Rutgers, have pretty strong pipelines in Florida. Maybe one way to accomplish this would be each program having hot spots where recruiting costs are lower or maybe recruiting is automatically slightly more effective? I'm thinking this would be something that could change over time?)

Having said all that, I do think pipelines at specific high schools could be fun and would be a way that I could be interested in some of the specific high school stuff. Still, that is really a way to make specific high schools potentially have a real impact on my college program, which is the key to this whole issue, in my opinion. Anything done that doesn't directly effect my program wouldn't mean much to me.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote