View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 12:28 PM   #16
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I don't follow HS football at all, so it would not bother me at all if the HSs were not modeled properly in TCY2. However, I also have no problem if they are correct. Ben's point about it being easy to do by starting with a ranking site and then allowing the user to edit it seems like a good one. Also, if you use an external site to get your rankings, then you don't need to worry about customers complaining that "My High School is better than you made it." You can just point to website X and tell them to lodge their complaint over there.

As to the other point that has developed in this discussion--whether the player should be allowed to/forced to invest in "relationships" with high schools: this feature should be done roubustly or not done at all. I think that modeling something like "relationships" with other coaches must be very complex. It could add a wonderful immersive element of the game if done well. It could, however, just add annoying button clicking if it becomes "every offseason click on 'socalize with HS head coach' for the five biggest high schools in your area"

Basically, this seems like the kind of thing that would be amazing if done well, but that would be very very hard to do well. Not that I don't have faith.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote