View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #26
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
My mantra in this sort of game is this: What I want is a game that requires me to make meaningful decisions that substantially drive meaningful outcomes for my team. Realism is great, and simulating the NFL is a real value added. But what I really want is a game where I am engaged, challenged, and rewarded/punished for my decisions. Having pure dumb luck play too great a role undermines what I want out of a game like this.
I'm with you on the meaningful decissions making, but the current system just isn't really much fun to work with.

In real life terms, new players with a zero impact role make zero impact in the locker room. I'd much rather see a system that has stuff hidden, until a player has been on the team for like half a season. As Ben writes, I'm more intersted in all of a sudden finding out my new MLB and my star DT don't get along well. To me having a choice between seperating the two to save peace or to cowboy up and hope they keep winning and not start whining about each other. That's much more interesting in decission making to me than hire a 3rd QB, 9th and 10th OL, 8th DL, 7th LB, etc. just because they were born in the right month.

As someone else wrote earlier in a somewhat similar fashion, give me a list of players that clash and gell, that's something I can relate to. Potentially add a list of past friendships, meaning reunions of college roommates or guys that played together at the Carolina Bobcats.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote