View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 05:17 PM   #45
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Okay. In this post is an example, not of what I want to see in the game, but rather what I do not like about the existing interface. It is an off-the-cuff summary of the information I need to know to make decisions at two points in the game and where I have to look to find the information. Noteworthy is that virtually none of this information is in the same place.

Renegotiating contracts
I need to know
-my team’s available cap (roster page)
-the player’s current cap cost (player card)
-the player’s reneg request (negotiate player contract)

It is also helpful to know
-the player’s current ratings (player card)
-the player’s ratings history (ratings history or playertracker)
-and the top 40 cap costs at the position (belco biggest cap hits)

Researching free agents
I need to know
-my team’s available cap (roster page)
-my current players under contract (scouting report, scout overview)
-the cost of my current players under contract (scouting report, contract view)
-how old my current players are in age not experience years (player card)
-who my position leaders are (scouting report, attitude advisory)
-what chemistry group my position leaders are (belco roster or belco chemistry search)
-what the leadership and personality ratings of my position leaders are (scouting report, personality view or player card)
-whether any of my current players can return kicks or punts or hold kicks (player card or roster attributes)
-whether I have a sufficient number of special teams players (player cards or roster attributes)

I also need to know
-who the best free agents are at each position (recommend player)
-what stage the best free agents will sign at (the grey sheet or player card->negotiate contract)
-what the salary requests for the free agents are (player card->negotiate contract)

It is helpful to know
-who the best free agents are, sorted by chemistry group (belco chemistry search, this is nearly impossible in-game)
-what the personality and leadership ratings for best free agents are (belco chemistry search or each individual player card)
-whether there are any chemistry leaders to be signed (belco chemistry search, this is nearly impossible in game)
-inaudible *cough*
-whether there are any middling free agents who are attractive for chemistry reasons (belco chemistry search, this is nearly impossible in game)

It is also helpful to know
-whether there are any players with interesting development trends (playertracker, for the ratings history numbers look like a jumble to me)
-whether there are any players with interesting bar profiles (each player card)

Note I am not offering solutions, nor requesting improvements, nor even requesting adoption of third-party utilities. I am just identifying the different places I need to click in order to find the information I actually use when making my resource-management decisions.

Last edited by corbes : 04-16-2015 at 08:23 PM.
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote