View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #87
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

He lacks match fitness, so we’ll start him today. Also starting are McHugh, Davis, Sodje, Benali, Taylor, Westwood, Davisson, Dunauskas and Zapata-Caicedo. I open with standard to get my newbs some time to get settled in. Benali’s corner hits Ilunga head and their net for a score at 1:51. Benali off an indirect free kick to Ilunga does it again at the 10:48. I tell my guys to tackle soft. Westwood gets a card anyway. They knock a 30 yard long shot into the next at 32:42. Dunauskas has a great individual effort driving, dribbling, skipping and scoring at the 39:18 mark. Half time its 3-1. I pull Dunauskas for Clayton in the 53rd minute. Ilunga is given a redfor a nasty tackle. On a day when we didn’t need it, we are up 3-1 and I told my guys not to tackle hard and it was just a goal kick, not anywhere dangerous, he gets a red. Time to send a message about all of these reds my team is getting. Daineche comes in for Benali and gets pulled back. I move to Counter. They get around u for goal at the 88th minute, but they can;t find the other, and we win 3-2. I tell them it was a real jeckal and hyde momnt, and they understand. Despite his red, Ilunga is MOM. In the press conference I go after Ilunga for the tackle after being asked. I even go after him when they said he had a good performance, and I say that he disappointed me. Then I fine him a week. I’m tired of this red card crap from him and Addo. Ilunga accepts the fine. He’s banned for two matches.

Daineche and Dunsauskas in Team of Week.

For today’s MK Dons match, I’m playing Powell with Miller in the striker role, and Stewart and Jau both in as a result. Larbi gets a yellow. We put them under a lot of pressure all half, but they are the ones to score at the 44th minute. I swap a tired Stewart for Johnson. I pull an under performing Davis for Sodje. Dunsauskis for Powell is my last sub. We lose 0-1. Ah well.

We extend Gorman’s loan for another three months. We get news that Ilunga is banned for an additional two matches. I get positive notes from the Jau to Taylor mentor-mentee relationship and the Daineche and Obileye one as well. Carlos is away playing international ball, so we’re starting McHugh for a bit. Beattie is back from his injury

Today we play Gillingham. Miller gets a ball and scores in the first minute. Then nothing happens and its 1-0 at the half. I tell them not to get complacent, and I swap in Jau for Larbi. Then they get a red card at 60:39. I was already in control set up, and up 1-0 on the board, so I make no changes. Then Beattie gets hit and drops in condition, so I pull him off. I put Bunjaku in for him. The pitch looks bad, I wonder if I need to relay it. My final swap is Stewart out for Benali. Quintin with a Daineche assist nets a goal, and Daineche is MOM; goal at the 80th minute.

I get positive news from the Dombaxe-Larbi connection. I extend my contract by a year.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote