View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 10:21 AM   #9
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

4/22/21 They say the longest of journeys.. begins with a single step.

Actually, it began with a step down off the deck (stairs.. my mortal nemesis) as I prepared to begin I noticed that little flecks of white were drifiting down. Yes, despite it almost being May in New England, it was in the 30's and that was "snow" drifting down. I managed to get the dogs down into the yard.. They're too independent to walk with me, but at least it would allow them to stretch their legs and explore the tree'd area while I did my walk. Thankfully, the ground wasn't too hard underfoot describe the cold-ish weather. I was originally going to do just one lap today due to the cold, but I decided to do a second one, just to stretch the leg a bit.. was thinking about a third, but coming back on the second lap, I felt a couple warning twinges from the hip so I ended it there.

Day 1 Report: 2 Laps (23 laps to 1/4th goal)
Selected Music: "I gotta feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas, "Boys of Summer" by the Ataris.

Humorous notes: As I made my way back up the deck steps to head in, I was hoping the hip wouldn't hurt too much later, and the next song on my Spotify playlist came up. Daniel Powter's "You Had a Bad Day" started. I'm hoping that's not an oracle of what's to come...