View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 07:24 PM   #59
Izulde
Head Coach

@ US Marignane (French Cup Seventh Round)
G: Hugo Foucher
D: Steven Da Veiga/Antoine Goblet/Kevin Van Den Kerhof
DM: Aissa Laidouni
M: Mathis Clement/Najib Gandi/Steve Shamal
AMC: Sebastien Salles-Lamonge
S: Exauce Ngassaki Ndongo/Malhory Noc

Like I said, brutal draw, getting a CFA 2 team on their own turf this early. This might be our quickest exit yet in the French Cup

26 - We've had a couple of easy chances that our strikers have blown, and a double team on their left winger left us open for this score 0-1

53 - Ugh. 0-2

58 - Mayembo for Da Veiga; Olou for Shamal

71 - Salles-Lamonge, who is playing injured, drills one down the pitch for Noc, and Ndongo out-jumps two defenders on the cross to bang it in and get us back in this match 1-2

Had several chances towards the end, but just couldn't convert. Unlucky draw, unlucky loss. $10.08k in prize money, which is whatever at the kind of cash we've been printing.

Mathis Clement is out next game because of yellows.

@ US Bauzoges (12th)
M: Andrew Sanogo/Franklin Wadja/Steve Shamal

25 - Da Veiga throws in, and Kerhof runs back to get the ball for the kickback to Shamal. Aerial cross, and Sanogo is one step ahead of the defense to put it away 1-0

28 - Shamal gives up a penalty and is damn lucky not to draw a second yellow. Foucher is a fucking hero for stopping the PK.

36 - What the fuck? Da Veiga leaves his man to double-team, and that leaves them wide open to equalize 1-1

52 - Gboho replaces Ndongo, and Mayembo come s on for Da Veiga

87 - Gboho is hurt, but they can play so we press on. Shamal plays it long to Noc, who dribbles down the right flank before crossing, and injury aside, Gboho puts in the short range goal to finally send us back ahead. 2-1

Herculean game by Foucher with a 7.9 and stopping that PK, but it's Noc who wins PotM with an 8.4, the third best at 7.8 in Sebastien Salles-Lamonge. 7.1 for Ambroise Gboho off the bench on that game-winner.

This is a victory we really needed, because FC Chapelle-des-Marais got their asses handed to them 1-3, and Orvault Sports upset AC Chapelain Foot 1-2 on their own turf, putting us in 1st by a single point!!!!

We lose Ambroise Gboho for a little over a month, but that's why Tsihorana Rabetsimialona is still around. Actually, I forgot to put our Madagascar international back in the subs. Worked out okay in this case.

They're *still* talking about that US Gravelines French Cup win all the way back in 2015.

I schedule a couple friendlies during the two week break before our next match to keep our guys in shape and help our tactical familiarity.

1-0 win over Burundi for Benin that saw Oscar Olou and Sessi d'Almedia both start and post 7.1s. Tsihorana Rabetsimialona's Madagascar side gets whomped 1-4 by Egypt and he has a 6.7. We were supposed to play AC Chapelain Foot this week, but I didn't like losing those guys and Malhory Noc, and it turned out to be the wise move, considering Ambroise Gboho was hurt. We would have to put Elias Uzamukunda in the starting lineup, with Cyrille Allard as our backup striker.

Sessi D'Almeida posts a 6.7 as a sub in Benin's 3-2 win over Burundi to advance to the third round and group qualifying for the World Cup. They have DR Congo, Ghana, and South Africa in their group. My guess is they finish last in the group. Madagascar is out, after a repeat 0-4 Egypt drubbing, and 6.7 for Tsihorana Rabetsimialona

Geneston AS Sud Loire (Coupe Atlantique 16e de Finale)
G: Guillaume Noel
D: Erwin Abdellaoui/Jordane Orain/Samuel Samoussi
DM: Ibrahime Sylla
M: Jason Gibon/Durel Avonou/Thibault Rambaud
AMC: Mabidi Mayala
S: Cyrille Allard/Issam Zerhouni

Let's see.. PH team miraculous makes it this far + critical league match in three days? Yeah, we're running out a third/fourth/fifth string lineup.

I evidently forgot to include Samuel Samoussi's transfer - 22 year old Beninese DR we picked up last year. 3 caps and he's a physical monster - Only 8 Jumping Reach is less than 11 (Balance), and everything else is 12 or higher. Largely an unremarkable player at this point, but he allegedly has upside.

21 - Mayala passes to Zerhouni. Defense strips the ball away, but the Moroccan gets it back and gives to Allard just inside the box. The strike goes in, and it's nice to see the teenagers play together up front. 1-0

58 - Touzet comes in for tired Orain, and prospect Escorza replaces tiring, badly performing Mayala

81 - Should have given up a goal on that corner kick.

Jordane Orain finished with a 7.7 and PotM, and our next highest is a 7.1. This was an ugly game to have to sit through, but we got it done and move to the next stage in a cup not even the board cares about.

Lots of unhappy people, and I'm just like okay, go on then. I really could not care less.

And of course we get the worst possible matchup for the next round, drawing defending champion and absolute nightmare opponent in league FC La Chapelle des-Marais

@ AC Chapelain Foot (5th)
M: Mathis Clement/Franklin Wadja/Steve Shamal

Tiago Escorza has done well enough to move up to the senior squad, replacing Zian Maki as our AMC/MC off the bench. Although I said he was our second best when we brought him in, it was close enough that I liked Maki, who was proven, better.

Don't let that 5th place fool you. This is making up a game in hand (we're in second presently). Absolutely vital for us to win this match.

11 - Salles-Lamonge cracks the free kick into the box, and Goblet gets *just* the right angle on the header to knock it in from mid-range. 1-0

16 - Are you shitting me?! Noc was totally onsides! Between this callback and two bullshit yellows, the home cooking is real.

34 - Again with the bullshit offsides call on Noc to negate a goal?! What.the.fuck?!?!

46 - On the opening kickoff for the second half, Shamal plays it long to Noc, and this time there's no denying the mid-range score. Fuck you in the ass, ref, with your bullshit. 2-0

59 - Sanogo goes on for Clement, who has been bad, and Kola replaces tiring Laidouni

9.0 and PotM for Sebastien Salles-Lamonge, 8.7 for Antoine Goblet, and 7.4 for Malhory Noc as our three stars in a solid victory to ensure we stay on top. It should have been much bigger, but fucking zebras gonna zebra.

That win means we're six points ahead of 3 teams fighting for third place, whilst we're still just one point up on FC La Chapelle-des-Marais.

I've been telling dude he's free to leave at any time. Don't get salty at me because you're a whiny bitch who sucked ass when given a shot at the DR job.

$15.34k profit last month, and I suspect that's the largest we'll turn the rest of the season, now that we're out of the French Cup. Very Secure in my job despite the cup loss, and I just have to make sure I don't get stupid when the transfer window opens up next month like I did last year.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote