View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 09:51 PM   #79
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

We lost last week, a close game against last place in the conference Brooklyn. It doesn't affect our 1st place situation, just puts us in a tie with Deustchtown who are 9-6 on the season, but who we've already beaten once this year. I win this game and that puts us in sole possession of 1st place in the conference with two games to go in the regular season.

We'd be a full game up on anybody, meaning even if we somehow (fingers crossed that we don't) lose Game 17, that we'd have Game 18 as a way to win and get our way into the tournament by way of tiebreakers against everyone but Brooklyn (who we'll get one more crack at...and who I lost to mostly on not quite perfect lineup matching.)

This week, I went with:

Code:
G Martaveous McKnight, UA Pine Bluff (Sa) G RJ Cole, Howard (Sa) G Pookie Powell, Lasalle (Sa) F Reid Travis, Stanford (Sa) F Vladimir Brodziansky, TCU (Sa)

Thanks to a career high in points from McKnight, and everyone at least showing up though some more than others, my back of the napkin math has me at around 168 points.

Three of his guys played today, he has two tomorrow. The 3 he's already had go, by my math scored somewhere around 73 total game points. That means he needs two guys tomorrow to score 95 just to tie and that's a lot to ask especially since only one of those dudes is a guard.

The trick isn't just to go with the hot hand, but to look at the matchups a bit.

His lineup was:

Code:
G - Tiwian Kendley - Morgan State (Sat) G - Jairus Lyles - Maryland-Baltimore County (Sun) G - Matt Scott - Niagara (Sat) F - Devontae Cacok - North Carolina-Wilmington (Sat) F - Jahad Thomas - Massachusetts-Lowell (Sun)
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote