View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 11:53 AM   #1114
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

2019 ESSZ Senior Short Course Sectionals @ Triangle Aquatic Center, Cary, NC - 3/7 - 3/10

Bear will be heading up to Cary, NC tonight only this time I won't be going. I came down with the flu over the weekend and I'm not fully recovered, so the wife will be going. Bear is still not 100% recovered from his cold reported earlier, plus he still trying to rebuild his stroke and is severely lacking in confidence right now. Unfortunately, this is looking like a 3rd straight sectionals meet where Bear doesn't perform the way he was hoping.

#2 Men's 1000 Yard Freestyle - (9:41.74) - Seeded 12 - capable of dropping enough time to climb into the top 8 (which equals an A final only the 1000 is only swum 1 time), but any drop in time would be huge...

#6 Men's 200 Yard Freestyle - (1:45.91) - Seeded 53 - extremely tight race here...a drop of a couple of seconds and Bear could climb into the top 20...but an add of a couple of seconds and he could fall just as far

#12 Men's 400 Yard IM - (4:11.59) - Seeded 34 - will almost certainly scratch this race

#16 Men's 200 Yard Butterfly - (1:57.01) - Seeded 34 - hasn't raced a bunch of fly this year, so not sure what to expect...

#24 Men's 500 Yard Freestyle - (4:41.77) - Seeded 27 - another pretty tightly seeded event. Bear showed some promise in this event at high school state by trying to adjust his stroke. He posted a better time than he had in quite a while there and he's had a month or so to fine tune it a bit. Even if it isn't 100% perfect, he could drop time in this one if he's managed to cut down on the drag a bit.

#30 Men's 1650 Yard Freestyle - (16:37.04) - Seeded 22 - last time Bear swam this he had that amazing race where his goggles came off on the dive, but fixed them while swimming and still posted a personal best and climbed through the field to finish 3rd. Given his stroke was far from perfect on that weekend, and he had the entire effort of fixing his goggles in his last swim, I believe there is time he can cut here no matter what kind of form he's in. Without the goggle issue at State I believe he was looking at a 16:20 something effort. Hoping he can get there this weekend.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote