View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 07:33 AM   #1204
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

2019 Georgia Short Course State Championship @ UGA Natatorium - 12/6 - 12/8

Bailey - Unfortunately, especially given this will probably be one of the last meets Bailey swims, I don't expect much from her in this meet. She's still not really in shape yet, so much so she's not even competing in her best event, the 200 fly, because she runs out of gas before she can complete a 200.

# 7 (d1/s1): W Open 100 Fly (1:00.21) - She did managed to swim her typical 1:04 at the high school meet last weekend...but I'm guessing she'll be a 1:01, and under the circumstances that's actually really good.

# 17 (d2/s5): W Open 100 Medley (1:03.89) - No idea on this one...she doesn't swim it often so I have very little to go on. I do know she's been really pleased with her backstroke in practice, so if it's improved, and she can gut out even a decent breast leg, she can probably post a personal best.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear - It's been a long road for Bear, swimming for over a year with an over-training injury, then having to back off substantially on training for months while the injury healed. I still don't think he's where he wants to be with regards to getting back in shape, but he's starting to turn the corner. Hopefully, he's far enough around the corner to post some good times this weekend.

# 4 (d1/s2): M Open 200 Free (1:45.91) - with his goggles coming off in his high school meet last weekend, I don't have s sense for where he is. My guess is, he'll be pretty close to a best here.

# 20 (d2/s6): M Open 200 Fly (1:57.01) - broke his 100 fly PB in practice, if he's in good enough shape, this PB could be within reach. Will know for sure how in shape at about the 150 mark of the race.

# 28 (d2/s6): M Open 500 Free (4:41.77) - afraid to make a prediction on this one. He's really struggled in what was his best event for so long, I just don't have a feel for what he might be able to accomplish.

# 32 (d3/s10): M Open 200 Medley (2:03.39) - Breast is still ugly, in fact, when he posted his PB his Breast was pretty good...he was approaching Brett's times, but he's no longer anywhere close to that range, so I suspect this one will be a several second add.

# 42 (d3/s10): X Open 1650 Free (16:37.04) - last time he swam this he was still dealing with the over-training issue, and he was screwing with his goggles because they came off on the dive. There is time available for a drop. In fact, there is a bunch of time available, if he's in shape. The messing with goggles last year probably cost him at least 15 seconds...so it'll all come down to how good he feels at the end of the meet. If he has the energy, he could do really well.

Last edited by Breeze : 12-04-2019 at 07:35 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote