View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 06:00 AM   #1226
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

High School State Championships @ GaTech - 2/8-9

The state meet is coming up this weekend and while I'd love to provide some insight, unfortunately, things are a bit messy. I know I've mentioned many times previously that the coach is lazy and doesn't put much effort into this (heck, she forgot to invite one of the senior swimmers to the senior banquet). I've commented how she's had the wrong people in the wrong events consistently over the last couple of years, and it was worse this year. Things were so screwed up that she actually had Bear scheduled to swim the 200 free at state, which would be fine, except for the fact that Bear only participated in 2 meets during the season and he didn't get the 200 free cut, so he was ineligible to compete in that event. We weren't going to say anything about it, until another swim mom mentioned that swimming in an event where you aren't eligible could impact your NCAA eligibility, at which point we got the event updated to the 200 IM. Also, because she continually screwed around with the boys relays, she never had her top swimmers compete in all of them, so now Bear isn't even allowed to compete in the 200 Free Relay at state because he didn't swim it during the season. That would be fine, but 3 of the other top swimmers on the team didn't swim in the 200 free relay either, so she has too many kids qualified in the 400 free relay and not enough good swimmers in the 200 free. It's a disaster, but it's out last one, so I'll just grin and bear it.

Bailey is down to her last swim, and it was touch and go as to if she was going to be one of the 4 swimming. As it turns out, she's the last representative for the team in that event. Honestly, I don't think she would have cared if she was removed. She's definitely over swimming. In fact, she's still not practicing. In fact, rather than try to get in a little bit of shape heading into her last swim, she's decided to increase her hours at work to make more money. I wonder if it will impact her at all when she knows she's finished, and if so when?
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote