View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 12:30 PM   #18
QuikSand
lolzcat

So... latest announcement, a pretty big one, is a new series of players coming out today as Campus Heroes. As nearly as I can tell, this will be about 20? guys, nominally being included for their outstanding college careers (?) but who will come into the game with an unusual flexibility - they can have their team chemistry attach to any NFL franchise team where they played.

Sounds like their will mostly be 89-rated, placing them among the best cards in the game, and the capstone player is RB Reggie Bush, who will be a 91. There will, likely, be a series of in-game challenges and so forth that we can play out to earn one or more of these cards...and otherwise they'll just become part of the auction house milieu.

For my Browns team, limited good news here -- LB Carl Banks did play for CLE so he will be a fit for us chem-wise, but regrettably he is slotted as a LOLB, exactly the position where I already have a very effective JOK card in place. I will work it out (I typically line up in a nickel formation anyway) but that's a modest but surmountable disappointment, short term.

Anyway... this is the perpetual cycle of a theme-teamer... we focus primarily/exclusively on "what's in it for me?" and when the answer is "not much" that means the field is pulling ahead. That Reggie Bush card is going to be a terror, I reckon, for a while - they code him as a gifted receiver and agile in space, and his card last year early in the season was the dominant RB for a good while.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote