View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 08:01 AM   #21
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, I need to fill in some blanks here.

Yes, I have most of the Browns cards out there - enough to give my team the maximum benefit of +2 across multiple important skills. That's great. So far, I have shared the actual Browns players who are part of that.

In MUT, they also provide the gamer with a few build-around players as well, and these guys are definitely important in your roster building. They also provide you with an additional, but different, set of things to work toward - as they develop along separate tracks.

I'm not going to detail this too much, but here's a quick summary:

Team Captain - each year they have a handful of former greats who are available to serve as a team captain for you. You get him, and get to select your choice, early in a series of build-up challenges...and then over time you can be awarded special tokens to improve him. IIRC this year's choices included RB Shaun Alexander, SS John Lynch, and another defensive player I'm forgetting. But I chose the most impactful position available, and took WR Lance Alworth. In short order, he "powered up" to an 89 overall rating and has been by far my best player since. He also gets triple team chemistry for whatever franchise you like, so he counts as Browns x3 for purposes of achieving chemistry goals. HUGE.

If this year follow suit, he will be a dominant player early on, but over time his ceiling might not stay way ahead of what's available in the marketplace... like my Alworth remains an 89, which initially towered over my roster, but now there are a plenitude of 89 rated players popping up in the game, and it's no longer that special. On my NMS team, though, he'll be a standout for some time... I'm not investing cash to always have the bleeding edge packs/players.

There are two other programs that are similar. One is called, I think, "Team Champion" and he's the exact same player for everyone - SS Kam Chancellor this season. Over time we will earn collectibles that help us power him up to being a major consequential player. Right now he's my starting SS and I pull him forward to play LB in pass situations, but he's not a huge star - just 80 or 81 overall, I think.

The other program is named, but I'm forgetting it... and works similarly. There, we got a choice of two players, and I again selected the most impactful position, getting WR Devin Hester. He should eventually become a return game demon...right now he's an 84-rated wideout for us who is far more effective at "playing wide receiver" than his real life counterpart ever was.

So... on my team, WR Alworth, SS Chancellor, and WR/KR Hester are all build-around players themselves, who should continue to improve all season and stay relevant. All three contribute toward my team chemistry, and if I were to hypothetically build another theme team *cough*Dolphins*cough* I'd be able to realign them fairly easily to that franchise.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote