View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 08:23 AM   #24
QuikSand
lolzcat

One last piece of the roster puzzle (I think) is... late in the Madden 21 cycle, they created an incentive to (1) keep people interested in the game while it was naturally waning, and (2) push people to go buy Madden 22. They did this with a series of special cards you could earn with various challenges... and owning them on your EA account meant you'd get special rewards in the Madden 22 game. So, I played ball to some degree, and have the yield of that effort in hand.

They did this with ten special rookies selected from the 2021 draft, one from each major position group. I won't belabor this too much, but I essentially had a choice of: pick 3 of these guys to put onto my team as "highly rated" 86 (good enough to be among my best players, initially)... or pick 1 such guy and get his card in a format I could sell on the auction block.

I chose the three. I chose unwisely.

Regardless, I now have three very solid rookies, plus one more from the same set that I earned later by completing some challenges. I have basically just used these 86-rated guys to fill in spots that are weak on the natural Browns roster (including the add-on special veteran players I noted above), so I have:

86 FS Trevon Moehrig
86 MLB Micah Parsons
86 LOLB Jaelan Phillips
86 CB Jaycee Horn

So... this covers up a LOT of weakness on my defense right now. Over time, these 86 guys will not change in ability, and will erode from standouts (initially), to strong (now), to acceptable (soon), and eventually useless (December).

I failed to do my homework and see how (oddly) desirable these cards would be in the market... for some reason they were selling for over 250,000 gold, and had I selected just one sell-able card, I think I'd be better off for having done so. Alas, I have these guys and admittedly they have made my defense good enough to win a number of early game challenges that likely would have been tough without them.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote