View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 01:12 PM   #45
QuikSand
lolzcat

..so the going price for my 85 John Johnson is now around 40K, I sold a bit too low when I felt I go ta good deal at 47,999 and 43,349. I now have 4x in hand and back on the market, trying to get 42K, after buying in the 32-35 range where they still occasionally pop up.

What's almost certainly driving this is a set... likely this 85 card has a little appeal to a guy like me, but is more important as a needed component to get some big important card, an 89- or 90-rated star atop this new release. And people, in pursuit of completing that set, are just clicking the space for it on their consoles, seeing the prices, and buying the cheapest one they see. They are too slow to get the just-dropped 33,000 version, so their cheapest is 39,650 and they buy it.

The poachers and snipers know what they're doing, are looking for cheap buys only to re-list them at a price that will at some point become the cheapest, and cash in quickly. I am not deep enough in gold to make a killing this way, but I tie up 33K for an hour in search of getting back 42K-10%=37.8K... yeah, I'll do that.

Any my backstop is I'm just getting copies of a card I already want, and at a buy price where it's a good deal just to flip him for training, which I do need. So, even if I can't sell a couple of these at 40K+ I still am all right.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote